Scholars' Student Association
The Scholars’ Student Association (SSA) is the voice of all Scholars students at Western. Through increasing the efficiency of communications between students and administrators, SSA serves as a vehicle of unity for students, alumni, and faculty associated with the Scholar’s Electives and Western Scholars programs. By advocating for students, facilitating networking opportunities, and providing opportunities for growth, the association aims to enrich the experience of all Scholars students.
Program Goals and Benefits
Here is a list of initiatives we are pursuing to better your experience as a Scholars student at Western:
- Enriching the academic and co-curricular experience of students
- Serving as a vehicle of unity between Scholar’s Electives and Western Scholars students, faculty, and alumni
- Providing students with representation within the University community
- Providing assistance to students in their academic and co-curricular endeavours (i.e. searching for faculty research mentors, looking for internships, organizing workshops for professional school applications/examinations)
- Planning events for networking among peers, alumni, and faculty members
- Continuously listening to and pursuing your suggestions on how to make the Scholar’s Electives and Western Scholars programs achieve their full potential
If you are a Scholar’s Electives or Western Scholars student, we are working on your behalf. Our goal is to foster unity and provide resources for this unique student body, and we encourage you to get involved in any way that you can.