Scholars’ Publications represents a collaboration between Scholar's Showcase magazine and the Scholars online blog, both of which serve to educate others about student interests, experiences and travels, by showcasing exceptional talents and abilities within the Scholars programs.
In addition, we create the biennial outreach leaflet, The Leaf, which provides incoming Scholars a glimpse into the Scholars community at Western.
With this online and print partnership, we hope to create a cohesive platform through which students can exhibit the significant and unique impact the Scholars' programs have had on their university experience. We are excited to see our publication visions flourish and expand as we delve into this initiative.
Who can apply?
Scholars' Publications members will be recruited from various faculties of the university, and who are in the Western Scholars or Scholar’s Electives programs.
- Showcase your artwork, photography, videography, and writing published on an online or print platform
- Outlet for creativity and artistic talent
- Connect with like-minded individuals who share a passion for the creative arts
- Get involved in the recruitment and outreach of prospective Scholars students
- Develop skills in writing, editing, layout design, and videography
- Gain a deeper understanding of the publications process
- Develop leadership skills through senior positions
Applications for the 2020-21 academic year will open in September 2020. Refer to the documents below for position descriptions and application instructions.
Meet the Team
- Managing Editors
- Manbir Grewal
- Junayd Hussain
- Jasmine Kang
- Nicole Lagace
- Tomisona Oludairo
- Shehan Perera
- Michelle Sadorsky
- Ajaya Sharma
- Ningsong Shen
- Christine Taylhardat
- Alexandra Wyatt
- Artistic Director
- Natalie Li: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artistic Contributors
- Idin Fakhrjahani
- Natalie Li
- Michelle Sadorsky
- Michelle Zhang
For more information regarding Scholars' Publications, please contact email@example.com.