Scholar's Electives Program
Thank you for your interest in the Scholar’s Electives Program. Applications are now closed. If you have already applied and still need to submit outstanding supporting documentation (academic records, course summaries, etc.), please email them directly to email@example.com.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Scholar’s Electives Program is designed to offer a unique educational experience for high-achieving students. The program is ideal for individuals interested in academic enrichment though an interdisciplinary approach to undergraduate learning and those who have the intention of pursuing higher education at the post-graduate/professional level.
Those selected for this opportunity will comprise a small group (no larger than 50-75 students per year across all eligible faculites) who will, in addition to their Honors degree courses, enrol in the Scholar’s Electives module of 3.0 courses. The module includes a first-year interdisciplinary course, a number of upper-year research courses (instructed by individual faculty mentors), and a Capstone Seminar: Civic Engagment, Professional Development & Communications in fourth year.
Additional Program Benefits:
- Conduct guided undergraduate research with a faculty mentor beginning in second year of university
- Study with other Scholar’s Electives students from across campus in interdisciplinary seminar courses taught by award winning faculty members
- Participate in enriching leadership opportunities that include the production of a scholarly magazine, mentoring other students, and volunteering in the London community
- Receive personal attention and support through specialized programming
- Tailor your personal academic goals by creating a themed degree such as multiculturalism, globalization or bioethics that perfectly suits your interests
- Increase your competitiveness for major awards, national fellowships and scholarships, graduate and professional studies and employment opportunities
- Live in Elgin Hall Residence on the Scholar’s Electives floor with other like-minded students (availability is based on the residence lottery system)
Application Eligibility Requirements:
- You are an applicant to the following Faculties/Programs: Arts and Humanities, Science (core), Medical Science, Health Sciences, Kinesiology or Social Science (excluding BMOS)
- You have a final admission average of 90% or higher (Note: Admission average for your program, not overall high school average)
- You have demonstrated excellence both in and out of the classroom
- You are interested in pursuing a Scholar’s Electives Module of interdisciplinary focus