Western's Initiative for Scholarly Excellence (WISE): Tuition-free University Course
Attention Grade 11 and 12 students:
High achieving students may be eligible to take one course tuition free at Western University concurrently with your secondary school studies.
What type of courses can I take?
- Click here to see Undergraduate Program descriptions.
- The range of subject areas is wide, including: Astronomy, English, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Math, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Biology, Philosophy and more!
- Click here to see course descriptions for the available courses.
- Eligible students may take a maximum of 1.0 full or two half courses (0.5 credit) tuition-free at the 1000-level.
- Prerequisites (if applicable) for the university course must be satisfied prior to beginning the course.
- A course may be taken at Western's main campus, at one of the Affiliated Colleges (Brescia University, Huron University, and King's University College) or by distance studies.
- Credit for the course studied in this program may be applied towards a degree at Western if a passing grade was atttained in the university course and you satisfy Western's admission requirements.
- This is a competitive program with a limited enrolment of 100 students. Meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee acceptance to the program.
- We encourage applicants to apply well before the deadline due to demand for the program.
- Students in their fifth year of high school studies will be considered for the WISE program. However, spaces are limited, and preference will be given to students registered in Grades 11 and 12.
- Please review our application requirements before applying.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have simplified the application process for the 2020-21 academic year. Please submit the form below and we will contact you with next steps.
Academic Support & Engagement
Western Student Services Building, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 2K5